amiga-news ENGLISH VERSION
Links| Forum| Kommentare| News melden
Chat| Umfragen| Newsticker| Archiv

amiga-news.de Forum > Amiga, AmigaOS 4 > Amiga Arena Interview mit Davy W. (Audio Evolution 4) für AOS4.x [ - Suche - Neue Beiträge - Registrieren - Login - ]

1 -2- [ - Beitrag schreiben - ]

01.08.2002, 23:42 Uhr

Holger
Nutzer
Zitat:
Original von DaveW:
Somebody even called me egoistic!!

I think you misunderstood. Nobody called you egoistic. My posting was addressed to Olaf who requested that everybody should follow your example which was (imho) unrealistic. I said that developers can't sell any software for a nonexisting operation system. And I called developers who don't write software for such an OS egoistic which was clearly ironic (clearly for a German :glow: ).
Your decision is courageous, especially at this time. But it's up to you and the future will show wether it was a good thing.

regards (and good luck for your project)

--

Good coders do not comment. What was hard to write should be hard to read too.

[ - Antworten - Zitieren - Direktlink - ]

02.08.2002, 10:47 Uhr

DaveW
Nutzer
Zitat:
I think you misunderstood. Nobody called you egoistic.
My posting was addressed to Olaf who requested that everybody should
follow your example which was (imho) unrealistic.

My sincere apologies then. I think it must have been the language barrier!
I think I overreacted, that's what forums can do to you these days! :-)

Zitat:
I said that developers can't sell any software for a nonexisting operation system
Well, I can't sell it right now obviously, but it's no use waiting for the OS
to arrive and then starting coding. Most of the work can be done now.

Zitat:
regards (and good luck for your project)
Thank you! :-)

Davy
Audio Evolution

02.08.2002, 12:54 Uhr

Holger
Nutzer
Zitat:
Original von DaveW:
Well, I can't sell it right now obviously, but it's no use waiting for the OS to arrive and then starting coding. Most of the work can be done now.

This is what I did for "AmigaDE". I started coding and prepared the software to be adapted to the "revolutionary new software architecture", ACM etc. and stopped everything at the time when Gary Peake requested developers to write Games for the existing intent (no new software architecture). Then it became obviously that it was never really planned to develop these software architecture. That's why I will always wait for a real product before coding for anything announced by AmigaInc.

regards

--

Good coders do not comment. What was hard to write should be hard to read too.

1 -2- [ - Beitrag schreiben - ]

amiga-news.de Forum > Amiga, AmigaOS 4 > Amiga Arena Interview mit Davy W. (Audio Evolution 4) für AOS4.x [ - Suche - Neue Beiträge - Registrieren - Login - ]

Impressum | Datenschutzerklärung | Netiquette | Werbung | Kontakt
Copyright © 1998-2024 by amiga-news.de - alle Rechte vorbehalten.