amiga-news ENGLISH VERSION
Links| Forum| Kommentare| News melden
Chat| Umfragen| Newsticker| Archiv

amiga-news.de Forum > Amiga, AmigaOS 4 > Someone from Munich? [ - Suche - Neue Beiträge - Registrieren - Login - ]

-1- [ - Beitrag schreiben - ]

27.06.2015, 13:07 Uhr

Umpal
Nutzer
I'm looking for someone who has Amiga Workbench disks and lives in Munich. I need a little help. I'm in need to install and partition my hard drive but my Workbench Install disk doesn't work anymore (the first disk works but it's absent of any HD Tool software). So basically I need someone to make me a copy of the second (or Install) disk of Workbench. My rig is A2000 + Octagon (and other stuff).

Counting on you guys and thanks in advance.

[ - Antworten - Zitieren - Direktlink - ]

27.06.2015, 16:19 Uhr

cgutjahr
[Administrator]
What Workbench version?

Not sure we got a Munich resident, but I'm sure somebody could mail you a disk. I can't unfortunately, no classic hardware anymore.

27.06.2015, 16:58 Uhr

Umpal
Nutzer
@cgutjahr:
The best would be 3.1 but the one from 2.0x also should do the job. I have all the Workbench disks on PC (adf|dms) but I don't have a software (or a sophisticated hardware) to transfer it to the Amiga.

Shipping the disks isn't the best option I think. For the other hand Munich is a big city so I hope there is at least one amiperson here :)

27.06.2015, 17:09 Uhr

hjoerg
Nutzer
@Umpal:

Optional: http://www.a1k.org/forum/map_index.php

(duck und weg...cg)
--
WinUAE Fan
hjörg :dance2:
For Player only

"Wenn ich dir Recht gebe, liegen wir beide falsch"

27.06.2015, 18:19 Uhr

angel77
Nutzer
You could buy a new set cheap online: Check Vesalia, Cloanto and / or Ebay for listings.

cu

@ngel
--
http://www.privatepassion.de - @ngel`s private Seite

27.06.2015, 18:33 Uhr

Umpal
Nutzer
@hjoerg:
Thanks for the tip! I found one guy and wrote to him. I'll see if he responds.

Cheers

06.07.2015, 11:50 Uhr

o1i
Nutzer
Well, I am from Munich, but to be honest, my old A3000 is hidden somewhere in my cellar and as far as I remember, had no working floppy drive back when I booted it the last time (10 years ago!?).

Isn't it possible with AmigaForever (and a free subset of it), to transfer data from the PC to an Amiga with NULL-Modem cable? Should get you the ADF image to your Amiga to write it to disk yourself.

On the other hand, getting a NULL-Modem cable might be more expensive, than ordering a new set of floppies ;-).

07.07.2015, 00:05 Uhr

_PAB_
Nutzer
Soldering a null-modem cable from parts is probably the cheapest option. ;-)
I did that when I was a teenager, and it worked well at least to play Populous with two Amiga 500s... ;-)

Btw. this thread should maybe moved to the English board...?

07.07.2015, 08:33 Uhr

o1i
Nutzer
@_PAB_:

Yeah, the NULL-Modemcable might not be the problem, finding a PC with a serial port might be ;) .

07.07.2015, 10:19 Uhr

_PAB_
Nutzer
@o1i:
> finding a PC with a serial port

Well, that is easily done: USB to Serial adapter.

07.07.2015, 14:24 Uhr

o1i
Nutzer
@_PAB_:
Well, a quick look at Vesalia revealed 15,90 EUR for a new set of AmigaOS floppies, which might be cheaper than a USB-serial adapter plus NULL-mode-cable plus the time/effort/risc of "something goes wrong nevertheless"..

07.07.2015, 14:55 Uhr

thomas
Nutzer
@o1i:

Yes, but the value of a working null-modem cable is much higher because you can use it for other purposes, too. Once you have Workbench installed you might want to download other software from the internet and transfer it to the Amiga. Even if it's only the driver for an Ethernet card.

--
Email: thomas-rapp@web.de
Home: thomas-rapp.homepage.t-online.de/

-1- [ - Beitrag schreiben - ]

amiga-news.de Forum > Amiga, AmigaOS 4 > Someone from Munich? [ - Suche - Neue Beiträge - Registrieren - Login - ]

Impressum | Datenschutzerklärung | Netiquette | Werbung | Kontakt
Copyright © 1998-2024 by amiga-news.de - alle Rechte vorbehalten.