amiga-news DEUTSCHE VERSION
Links| Forums| Comments| Report news
Chat| Polls| Newsticker| Archive

amiga-news.de Forum > Amiga, AmigaOS 4 > Usenet-Beiträge mit 30 Jahren Verzögerung: Entlassung von Bob Pariseau [ - Search - New posts - Register - Login - ]

-1- [ - Post reply - ]

2016-05-20, 10:45 h

Senex
[Administrator]
Auf amiga.org wurde auf olduse.net hingewiesen - dort erscheint "in Echtzeit", jedoch um 30 Jahre versetzt, was im Usenet veröffentlicht wurde.

Entsprechend erschien dort auch untige Mitteilung von Bob Pariseau, in der er von seiner Entlassung durch Commodore erzählte:

-----8<--------

April 14, 1986

This message marks my first contribution as a "civilian". Yesterday, Commodore began to implement company wide layoffs. The folks at Commodore-Amiga here in California got their notices yesterday.

I guess Commodore knew just how little I would support such actions because I got mine in the first wave.

I have enjoyed talking with all of you. You are a bunch of wild and wonderful folks. I continue to feel that the cutting edge of this business is available to anyone who'll listen on networks such as this one.

I have not yet decided what, if anything, I want to say regarding the events that just occurred or my opinions as to what they imply for Commodore and for the Amiga computer. It will take me a while to sort out my feelings.

Regardless of that, I don't expect to be out of action long. Maybe I'll start another company. Many people have suggested that I write a book ("Amiga Dearest"? -- no, I suppose not). Know any good publishers?

But frankly, my main love is still the technology. I want to be where quality people are pushing beyond the "edge of the art". Engineers with vision are still the best, the most forthright, and most fundamentally interesting people I know.

The vision that brought you the Amiga computer still lives.

----------------

I don't expect to be back on this network for quite some time.
I can be reached at:

263 La Salle Avenue
Santa Clara
California 95051
(408)296-3823

--Bob Pariseau
(formerly) Vice President, Software Development
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

[ - Answer - Quote - Direct link - ]

-1- [ - Post reply - ]

amiga-news.de Forum > Amiga, AmigaOS 4 > Usenet-Beiträge mit 30 Jahren Verzögerung: Entlassung von Bob Pariseau [ - Search - New posts - Register - Login - ]

Masthead | Privacy policy | Netiquette | Advertising | Contact
Copyright © 1998-2024 by amiga-news.de - all rights reserved.