amigaworld.net (Web page)
| AmigaOS 4: http-handler, the file system for the WWW|
http-handler by Chris Young provides a virtual drive "HTTP:", through which resources on the Internet can be accessed. Features of the program:
(cg) (Translation: cad)
- Allows access to web-hosted files via a virtual HTTP: device.
- Supports Open(), Read(), Close() and Seek().
- Implements HTTP redirects (301,302) as soft-links - even works with redirects that point to local files.
- Optionally supports gzip and deflate content-encoding for faster download times, if z.library is installed.
- Will work through a (non-authenticating) proxy server.
- Can connect to HTTP services running on ports other than the default.
[News message: 19. Feb. 2006, 22:18] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]