|Emulator: Preview to WinUAE 3.3.0|
As usual Toni Wilen has given a detailed preview to the forthcoming version of the Amiga emulator WinUAE. Version 3.3.0 will focus on AmigaOS 4-specific adaptions. Wilen thanks all donators, who have supported him to make these changes possible. He also points out that the performance of this extensions will never be the equal of the AmigaOS 3 extensions because the context switches between emulated and native code is much more complicated and therefore slower.
UAE-extensions, now supported by OS4:
- New optional "indirect" UAE expansion trap system, fully compatible
with OS4.x, virtual memory and some debugging programs.
- PC Bridgeboard disk drive raw image support. (ipf, ext adf,...)
- Monochrome video out emulation, including A1000 color/mono video
out software control (BPLCON0 COLOR bit).
- Dark palette fix option to correct colors of badly ported Atari ST
games (Midnight Resistance etc..)
- Official CSPPC/BPPC flash updater can be used to install full ROM
image without having existing ROM image.
- Custom input events can execute Amiga-side commands and scripts.
- Directory harddrives, including on the fly insertion/removal.
- CDFS CD mounting.
- Clipboard sharing.
- uaegfx RTG.
- uaehf.device hardfiles.
- Virtual mouse driver/magic mouse/tablet mode.
- uae.resource and uaenative.library.
- Game Ports panel input customization is finally very intuitive.
- On the fly input device insertion/removal now remembers if device
was previously inserted and autoselects previous game ports slot.
- Many input device handling updates and fixes.
(cg) (Translation: dr)
- Hardware RTG emulation rendered same frame twice in some situations causing
- Amithlon partition type (0x78/0x30) support works again.
- Some storage devices failed to mount as a harddrive.
[News message: 16. Feb. 2016, 19:16] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]