|Messenger: StrcICQ V2 - Second BETA-Version|
On the homepage of StrICQ the second BETA version of the client V2 is released.
Important hints for installation:
- Unarchive to its own directory. STRICQ and STRICQ v2 are incompatible.
- Only run STRICQ v2 from a shell prompt (I have not tested it with an icon, are you brave?)
- There is a lot of debug output to the shell window, you may need to send me a copy of it.
- Run the program, it will not be able to get online right away.
- Enter your Nick (whatever), your UIN, and your Password. Click 'Save'.
- Close the program by using the close window button on the contact list window.
- Your prefs are now saved.
- Restart the program and if all went well, you should now be online.
Know Problems and Caveats: IMPORTANT!
(ps) (Translation: gf)
- You can not add contacts manually yet. If you have never used ICQ2001b, don't bother using STRICQ v2 at this time.
- If you have used ICQ2001b before, STRICQ v2 will import your contact list from the server.
- You can't close the prefs window, so don't try. :-)
- If you get an enforcer hit, please forward it/them to me on the mailing list.
- You will need the latest versions of NList, NListtree, and TextInput.
[News message: 29. Jan. 2002, 19:31] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]