|Software news: SabreMSN 0.57, MemoryGauge 1.1 (Update)|
Instant Messenger: SabreMSN 0.57
James 'jahc' Carroll has published a new beta version of his MUI-based MSN-Messenger SabreMSN for AmigaOS 3/4 and AROS. Changes in SabreMSN 0.57:
- Fixed "challenge string" calcuation issue with certain sized challenge codes.. no more disconnections after a minute of being online [...]
- Added automatic reconnection when disconnected. Configurable values.
- Commented out file transfer stuff, because it was too buggy to use and was causing confusion I think. The GUI looks more handsome now.
- Bugfixed Group Chats a little.
- Changed the layout of the top of the chat window. Let me know if you guys like it.
- Text labels at the top showing: display name, email address, and personal messages if one is being displayed. Also, you can copy to the clipboard from it.
- Away status is shown next to the display name at the top of the chat window, and it tells you when the person went offline if they go..
- Made the tab buttons so they dont have to occupy as much space as the text inside them i.e. the text can be cut off inside now if the window is too small for the tabs, and it isnt forced to be a large size anymore. (did that make sense?)
- Oops, renaming contact button doesnt work anymore.. the setting isnt remembered when you reconnect. I think that particular rename command only works for the current session. I think the MSN client is supposed to keep a local copy on the hard drive, then rename the contact when it connects and retrieves the contacts list. Hmmmmmmm.
- Weird error: For some reason I had commented out a Contact List display name copy, and I cant remember why.
- Changed "Add a contact" string gadget to use BetterString.mcc so that OS3 users can paste contact addresses into it
MorphOS: MemoryGauge 1.1
MemoryGauge is a "Screenbar-Plugin" which is added to the title line of the Ambient screen and which shows the current usage of memory. MemoryGauge requires at least MorphOS 2.0.
Update: (20.08.09, 16:00, cg)
By now MemoryGauge 1.1 has been released, fixing a severe bug that prevented proper use on most systems. (cg) (Translation: dr)
[News message: 18. Aug. 2009, 17:11] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]