|Emulator: Preview to WinUAE 2.5.0|
As usual ther developers of the well-known Amiga-emulator WinUAE have provided a short preview to the changes planned in the next version. WinUAE 2.5.0 is suppsoed to be released in November or Decemberand will includes the following changes:
New features and updates:
- GUI is finally fully resizeable! Configurable GUI font.
- GUI position, size and fonts saved separately for windowed, fullwindow and fullscreen modes.
- GUI CD volume control added.
- Syncronize clock option does full time sync when emulation is unpaused or exited from GUI.
- Memory configuration can be fully modified (on the fly, loading state file or using Restart button)
without need to rerun the emulator.
- RTG screenshot and video recording directly from emulated VRAM if capture before filtering ticked.
- RTG monitor (if multiple monitors) selection added to GUI.
- RTG hardware sprite and hardware vblank emulation are now optional.
- Chipset "Wait for Blitter" too fast CPU workaround added, enabled by default, fixes most graphics
glitches if program does not wait for the blitter, more compatible than immediate blitter.
- Optional fake 1G directory harddrive size limit for old programs that think drive is full or has
negative space if drive is bigger than 2G. Can be changed on the fly.
- Added disable notification icon option.
- Added blank unused displays(s) (opens full screen topmost black window(s)) option.
- CD32 CD controller emulation improved (Missing Universe CD32 title and ingame CD audio)
- AutoVSync 100Hz/120Hz capable monitor support added.
- Low latency vsync and legacy vsync stability improved.
- Full PC hardware interlaced mode support.
- 68060 missing integer instructions are not anymore emulated if more compatible CPU checkbox is checked.
- Chipset emulation improvements. (EyeQlazer/Scoopex, Blerkenwiegel/Scoopex, No Way Demo/Academy,
Brian the Lion AGA, SuperPlus monitor mode)
- Sometimes appearing Windows "no disk in drive" dialogs that point to missing harddrive path are gone.
- Audio emulation quality improved.
- Parallel port sampler emulation audio quality improved.
- Lots of Input panel improvements. (qualifiers, custom events etc)
- Easy to use debug logging option added.
- Game Ports panel Test mode can be used to test any kind of input event, not just joystick events.
- Optional MIDI In to Out routing.
- 64-bit build supports 2.5G address space, allowing up to 2G of Z3 expansion memory.
Bug fixes of previous verions:
- Add Harddrive dialog didn't list all harddrives on some Windows XP systems.
- New CDFS didn't work with DVDs (2G size limit removed).
- Extended ADF write support was accidentally disabled.
- "ALT-TAB or middle mouse button untraps mouse - F12 opens settings" window title was missing.
- Directory filesystem 64-bit seek was broken.
- USB HID game controller [-] and [+] input axis movement was broken.
Bug fixes of old versions:
(cg) (Translation: dr)
- RTG palette (if 8-bit mode) wasn't saved to statefile.
- Disable screen saver option haven't worked since 2.0.
- Warp mode didn't work in all vsync modes.
- CD image mounter MDS image CD audio tracks didn't play if subchannel data was not included,
MDS image data tracks with subchannel data didn't work at all.
- CD/CD image on the fly switching was unreliable. (Again)
- Random unexplained graphics glitches when cycle-exact CPU enabled and bsdsocket emulation was in use.
- Some chipset mode on the fly configuration changes caused blank screen when returning back to RTG mode.
- Volume control in WASAPI exclusive mode didn't work.
- Windows XP blank screen after ALT-TAB back to Direct3D fullscreen mode.
- Direct3D pixel alignment errors in some modes. (Again)
- Many Input configuration fixes.
[News message: 15. Oct. 2012, 20:16] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]