Edgar Schwan (ANF)
| AmigaOS 4: X11 environment AmiCygnix 1.6|
Edgar Schwan's AmiCygnix is an Unix environment for AmigaOS 4. It is not an emulation but all programs has been compiled for AmigaOS 4 (screenshot). AmiCygnix provides a directory and data structure similar to an Unix installation.
Additional to other changes, updates and bug fixes, now version 2.24.32 of GTK+ is used. Therefore future software packages will require AmiCygnix 1.6.
New in AmiCygnix-Base:
New in AmiCygnix-Tools:
- Update to version 2.24.32 of GTK+, the latest version of GTK+ 2. In addition to some new features, the drag 'n drop in GTK+ 2 applications now finally works. The corresponding programs have to be linked again. Programs like Rox-Filer or Gimp benefit greatly from this. Therefore, please pay attention to updates of these programs!
- Full support for Unix locale strings. So you can now select the country, the encoding and special variants in addition to the language. You can also select multiple locales. All drivers, all AmiCygnix tools and the X server have been revised for this. See the documentation "README.Language.pdf" in the directory "Cygnix:Docs"!
- With the following display drivers for the Workbench, the size of the window can now be reduced: workbench, workbench2, picasso96wb, picasso96wb2. The content can then be moved using a scroller (screenshot). This function can be deactivated via myX11Setup!.
- Support for version 3.16.3 of GnuTLS, the latest version of the SSL/TLS layer. Support for SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.3 is new. The Trusted Certificates included have also been updated. Problems with programs like NetSurf or Claws-Mail should be solved with it. However, the corresponding programs must be relinked.
- Support for LDAP through OpenLDAP 2.4.49. Is now integrated in libcurl and will also be used in Claws-Mail.
- Support for AISS in the menus of the Workbench display drivers. The size of the icons can be set using the "MenuImageSize" environment variable.
- Revised myX11Setup with improved help function. Thanks to Michael Christoph!
- Italian translation updated in many AmiCygnix scripts. Thanks to Samir Hawamdeh!
- New Spanish translation of the texts in the Workbench display drivers. Thanks to Javier de las Rivas!
- New catalog in Russian language for myX11Setup. Thanks to Eugene Sobolev!
- Fixed a problem when starting the AmiCygnix desktop via myX11Setup.
- All GTK+ 2 applications are now linked with GTK+ 2.24.32. In addition to some new features, the drag 'n drop now finally works.
- The browser "NetSurf" is now linked with the latest version 3.6.13 of the SSL/TLS layer GnuTLS. This fixes problems with SSL connections.
- The program "ROX-Filer" is configured during installation so that it can be used as a replacement for the "idesk" desktop manager. Even if the porting of the program has not yet been completed (functions such as "copy / delete file" do not work), it is now much more usable with GTK+ 2.24.32. Just try it ;-). Aftter installing the tools package, select ROX-Filer in myX11Setup under "Desktop Manager" for this.
amicygnix-base.lha (126 MB)
amicygnix-tools.lha (91 MB)
(snx) (Translation: dr)
[News message: 29. Jul. 2020, 06:29] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]