| RastPort: Mechanical keyboard replacement for Amiga 1200|
Grzegorz Kraszewski's RastPort designs and manufactures accesories and expansions for Amiga computers. His current project KA 59 is a mechanical keyboard replacement for the Amiga 1200. It is a complete replacement, no parts of the original keyboard are needed. KA59 has been tested with original A1200 cases and those from the a1200.net project. Details:
Furthermore, there are options to customize the keyboard to your own needs:
- Complete replacement of original keyboard.
- Kailh KH switches rated for 50 million cycles.
- User adjustable CapsLock LED color.
- Optional "Alt"↔"Cmd" key position swap for users accustomed to PC keyboards.
- Weights less than original and takes less space.
- Robust connection with the mainboard.
The keyboards are currently in production and will be available at various retailers. We will report. (dr)
- Keycap color set: There are two color sets available:
- classic gray and white, black overprints
- all keys black, white overprints
- Switches: One of three different kinds of switches may be selected. Colors indicate mechanical characteristics of switches.
- Blue switches are tactile, force versus movement characteristic is not linear. As a result, user feels the moment of switching. They are also clicky, thanks to additional element hitting the switch enclosure when pressed and making sound.
- Brown switches are tactile (nonlinear) too, but have no clicking element, so are more silent.
- Red switches are linear, moment of switching action has no tactile feedback. Noise level is a bit below brown ones.
- Language layout: Customer can select one of 11 language layouts.
[News message: 14. Mar. 2022, 06:59] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]