|AROS: Instant Messenger SabreMSN 0.41|
James "jahc" Carroll has ported his MSN-client SabreMSN to AROS. UTF8-support is still not implemented under AROS but will be added with the next update. Further limitations are the same as in the original AmigaOS-version:
(cg) (Translation: dr)
- Sometimes the SSL stuff fails when trying to connect, so the only thing you can do is keep clicking connect after it fails each time
- The list of Online contacts isnt always sent in full when I first connect. I havent found an answer to that problem yet. So it appears like everyones offline, or most of your online contacts are offline. Reconnecting to the server once or twice in a row seems to restore the list properly sometimes.
- Sometimes Sabre reapers. I've only had this happen twice in the last few weeks though. It seems to be dying on the MUI input loop, but maybe I've done something illegal before that call..
- Newly added contacts arent added to the list, you need to reconnect to see them
- Sometimes outgoing file transfers report during mid-transfer: "The file transfer was unsuccessful because your computer is out of disk space. Try deleting some files, and then ask the sender to try the transfer again."
- Sabre uses the older MSN file transfer protocol, so many recent MSN clients fail when trying to send a file to Sabre.
[News message: 24. Jan. 2009, 01:55] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]