amiga-news DEUTSCHE VERSION
.
Links| Forums| Comments| Report news
.
Chat| Polls| Newsticker| Archive
.

[Login] [Register] [Forgot your password??]

< Next messagePrior message >
08.Sep.2017



Status update: Web browser Netsurf under AGA (update)
In May it turned out that the current version of Artur Jarosik's SDL-based port of Netsurf could only be used with a graphics board. Daniel Reimann, an editor of amiga-news.de, has contacted Jarosik to find out how the development status is regarding a version supporting AGA - and received a current, AGA-compatible version of the browser.

In this version, which now also is available on the website of the author, about 70% of the starts of the program works fine and Netsurf can be used without any problems. The other 30% percent Netsurf can happen to start extremely slow or the screen stays black sometimes flickering blue and the lamp of the harddrive lights up continuously.

The following pictures show Netsurf with an AGA-scale of 71% (instead of the given 75%). Using this figure, most of the texts can be read without being cut. The third picture shows the MUI-based preferences which currently do not completely work: The options set in the "General" tab are not saved.


This version does not seem to be significantly faster but it is fun to look at the appearance and the typeface of Netsurf. Towards amiga-news.de Jarosik explained, that recently he has focused porting games but obviously also Netsurf is developed further occasionally. The AGA-version includes the same changes which are listed on the website of the author for the RTG-version.

Update: (21.09.2017, 06:20, dr)

Meanwhile Artur Jarosik has released two other beta versions of Netsurf 3.7 which fixes the auto-update bug under AGA as well as the problem that some options of the general preferences have not been saved. All those features now work fine. (cg) (Translation: dr)

[News message: 08. Sep. 2017, 21:19] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail]  [Print version]  [ASCII version]
< Next messagePrior message >

.
Masthead | Privacy policy | Netiquette | Advertising | Contact
Copyright © 1997-2018 by amiga-news.de - all rights reserved.
.