| AmigaOS 4: http-handler 1.11|
16 years ago the first version of the http-handler published by Chris Young was released, what amiga-news.de reported about. The day before yesterday the developer released the "jubilee version" 1.11 (Queen Elizabeth II) which now supports AmiSSL 5. His http-handler provides a virtual drive "HTTP:" which can be used to access resources on the Internet. Features of the handler:
4Shortly after the release of the first version, the developer had conducted a survey on WebDAV support. Based on the positive feedback, he started implementing it, which originally resulted in version 2 - which he initially abandoned at the time - and later 3. However, as he tells us, he lost support for the other protocols in these versions, which is why a WebDAV beta version 6 was released, which is available on Open Amiga. (dr)
- Allows access to web-hosted files via a virtual HTTP: device.
- Also supports secure sites with AmiSSL and a virtual HTTPS: device.
- Basic authentication supported using an addressing scheme like "http://user:pass()www.domain.com"
- Supports Open(), Read(), Close() and Seek().
- Implements HTTP redirects (301,302,307) as soft-links - even works with redirects that point to local files.
- Optionally supports gzip content-encoding for faster download times, if z.library is installed.
- Will work through a proxy server.
- Can connect to HTTP services running on ports other than the default.
[News message: 04. Jun. 2022, 06:55] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]