Chris Hodges (ANF)
|USB-Stack Poseidon V3.2 available|
Two years have passed since the last Poseidon USB release. Now V3.2 is available for AmigaOS (MorphOS version is ready in a few days). The archive can be downloaded from the title link.
So, what's new? (The full, but probably still incomplete changelog is in the guide and over 200 lines long.)
The update is not free. See the full posting on the Highway-USB mailing list for details. (snx)
- Support for Online Registration, Update and Bug reporting.
- Wacom Tablet HID Support.
- HID Output Control Window: Automatically generated GUI for HID devices.
- New Classes for MIDI, Touchscreen, Palm PDAs, IrDA (stack not included) and Bluetooth (stack not included).
- Mass storage class reworked and extended (e.g. better fall back modes, improved partition detecting for automounting, and unmounting of partitions, better boot time adapting removable task).
- HID class can now be made boot time resident, no more need for bootmouse or bootkeyboard class.
- HID lowlevel.library extension for analogue pad information.
- PoPo: Annoying Poseidon Popups for events, such as connection, removal, low power and death events. With sound support.
- Power Management added. Warns if power drain is higher than supply.
- Dead device detection.
- Severe internal changes to class scan and enumeration procedure: Less (no?) potential deadlocks.
- Automatic configuration change notification and updating.
- Support for PipeStreams.
- Full support for USB 2.0.
- Updated list of vendors.
- Devices can now be renamed by user.
- Added additional visual feedback in Trident (traffic signs).
- Configuration management added to Trident.
- Lots of fixes and optimizations.
[News message: 19. Dec. 2005, 11:05] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]