|Webbrowser: IBrowse 2.4 available|
Today version 2.4 of the MUI-based Webbrowser IBrowse has been published. The browser can be bought from IOSpirit. Registered users of the previous version 2.x will get the update for free.
Additional to several buf fixes version 2.4 has got some news just like the plugin interface and context sensitive mouse pointer. This is the official press release:
"Lund, Sweden, 22nd December 2006 - Stefan Burstrom and the IBrowse Team
are pleased to announce the immediate release of the much anticipated
update to IBrowse 2.3.
IBrowse 2.4 brings web browsing on AmigaOS to a new level - below is a
very brief summary of the changes since version 2.3:
All these improvements greatly improve the browsing experience, and allow IBrowse to offer compatibility with many more websites than before.
- New integrated Search Bar, allowing you to easily perform searches of your favourite sites. Search engines can be added manually or automatically via the Mycroft project site
- Plugin API system for embedded objects based on the v4 NPAPI (Netscape Plugin API) to allow for easier porting of NS compatible plugins, this is used to allow IBrowse to display embedded objects (such as flash animations) within the browser when a suitable plugin is available
- Support for AmiSSLv3 has been added to IBrowse 2.4, allowing the use of the most up to date SSL implementation available for AmigaOS
- Context sensitive mouse pointers have been added, providing different mouse pointers in different areas of IBrowse
- Background tab loading has finally been added to the Browser Tabs. Links can be opened in new browsers which remain inactive, allowing you to continue browsing the original page uninterrupted
- The spoofing engine has been totally re-written for 2.4, and provides a range of pre-defined spoofing options
- HTTP compressed content support has been added, which includes both gzip and deflate algorithms
- On websites which ask for a username and password in a HTML based form, IBrowse can now (optionally) save these details for future visits
- Web Advert Control Language (WACL) is a feature of IBrowse based on a proposal by Stefan Stuntz for a user configurable, flexible scripting language to control the display of adverts on webpages
- Improved general stability and memory leaks plugged
- Hundreds of other minor and major bug fixes + improvements, and increased tolerance of broken sites for better compatibility
IBrowse 2.4 is available from IOSPIRIT - to purchase, please visit
http://amiga.iospirit.de (registered users of IBrowse 2.x can upgrade
for free, and there is a special upgrade price available to registered
IBrowse 1.x users)."
(snx) (Translation: dr)
[News message: 22. Dec. 2006, 20:31] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]