|Emulator: Preview to WinUAE 2.3.0|
As usual the developers of the well-known Amiga-emulator WinUAE has given a short preview to the next forthcoming version. WinUAE 2.3.0 is supposed to be published in September:
- CDTV and CD32 subchannel hardware emulation, CD+G audio CDs supported.
- CDTV statefile support.
- FLAC CD audio supported (cue+flac or cue+iso+flac).
- Automatic center option in autoscale select menu.
- uaescsi.device SCSI emulation, including full CD audio support.
- Pause uaescsi.device CD audio when emulation is paused or GUI is open.
- Support for configuration file delayed CD image insert, for example CD32 games
- F17 Challenge and Last Ninja crash if booted before CD32 boot screen appears..
- Right and bottom border, if outside of display area, is blanked instead of filling with current border color.
- Full "Portable"/USB key mode (-portable command line parameter) and relative path support.
- CD/CD image handling rewrite:
- .ccd/.img/.sub and .mds/.mdf v1 image files supported.
- Subchannel support (CDTV/CD32 CD+G).
- Audio tracks fully supported.
- SCSI emulation, CD images and non-SPTI mode full uaescsi.device CD audio support, most common CD SCSI commands emulated. SCSI emulation enabled by default.
- Near-instant compressed (mp3/flac) CD audio and zipped CD image startup time.
- More reliable CD/CD image and CD backend on the fly change support.
- CD32/CDTV more accurate CD audio and animation streaming.
- RawInput ignored most software injected key messages (messages without source keyboard information). They are now redirected to virtual keyboard called "WinUAE null keyboard".
- Audio and disk DMA sequencer is now cycle-exact, Paula DMA request line timing fully emulated. (previously DMA accesses were "immediate", all other timing was already exact)
- Direct3D bezel overlays and "old" overlays separated, bezel overlays
are in overlays-directory, old overlays should be renamed as masks.
- Direct3D bezel automatic display area detection and aspect ratio correction.
- Disk images inside archives are automatically "extracted" to Disk Swapper and floppy drive paths when dragged and dropped.
- Improved plugin-directory detection.
- 68000 and 68020 cycle exact CPU timing updates.
(cg) (Translation: dr)
- Triple/double/single buffer option was not saved to configuration file.
- Autovsync didn't work.
- Rawkeyboard GUI F12 key ignored window focus.
- Gameports panel joystick/mouse type (mouse,joystick,analog joystick,..)
was ignored whenn configuration file was loaded.
- Direct3D 2x+ shader filter bad image quality.
- CDTV CD timecode fixed (Built-in CD player time counter).
- CD32 CD end of play notification only worked if play was last sent CD command. (Fightin Spirit)
- CD32 CD audio status update when attempting to play data tracks (Mission Impossible 2025)
- CD32 pad 2-button mode fixes (F17 Challenge, Quik The Thunder Rabbit, ATR)
- Audio length detection error if MP3 audio tracks had checksummed frames.
- Built-in image mounter CD audio timecode offset fixed.
- Z3/RTG RAM leak when restarting.
- Direct3D scanlines can be (finally) enabled on the fly.
- Configuration file cdimage0=:\ at startup didn't work.
- Dynamic hardfiles didn't work reliably with DirectSCSI filesystems.
- Dynamic hardfile data corruption if physical file size grew over 4G.
- Some demos had blank display (broke in 2.0 Denise updates).
- Transparent clipboard crash if Windows-side image was not 8 or 32-bit.
- Initial ROM scan didn't detect Amiga Forever rom keys correctly.
- Joystick axis bogus autofire in some situations when remapping joysticks.
- RawInput was not enabled if only one (physical or logical) keyboard was detected.
- RTG mouse cursor problem in D3D mode with enabled filter.
- RTG 8-bit fullscreen mode color error in some situations.
- Some misc custom chipset and disk emulation tweaks.
[News message: 30. Aug. 2010, 22:22] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]