| AmigaOS 4: Update of arena shooter 'Blastaway'|
Simone 'saimo' Bevilacqua's 'Blastaway' (video) is an arena shooter with 50 levels in five different worlds. The game principle is inspired by Wizard of Wor, the graphics by The Chaos Engine (amiga-news.de reported).
As Simone wrote, "lately work has been done in parallel on all the RETREAM games. It began with the objective of aligning the technically similar ones for PC so that they would handle data saving the same way, but it soon went out of control and brought uniformity and improvements to the installers, the documentation, the web pages and even to code and internal files -and, just as importantly, it brought new features as well!" Changes:
29. July 2022
24. July 2022
- Worked on MILESTONE bonus: made notification more prominent by displaying the number of soldiers and/or the points awarded, both in-game and in the arena report screen; fixed handling of multiple milestones reached at the same time (the points awarded were considered by the very same check that decides whether to award those kind of points, thus potentially awarding too many points).
- Moved the ALIVE SOLDIERS bonus notification from the last arena end screen to the game end screen.
- Changed the design of the DOUBLE and TRIPLE bonuses marks from "x2" and "x3" to "2x" and "3x".
- Added glowing to Czywor's eyes.
- Simplified data files access code.
- Set savedata directory to the game's own data directory also for the Windows installed version (which now is thus identical to the portable version).
- Moved configuration file to the program directory.
- Renamed savedata file (safe.raw -> safe.dat).
- Added to installers code to import previous savedata and clean up leftovers.
- Improved/extended manual.
18. July 2022
- Reworked assignments of the kind *p++ = ... *p ... (as they are miscompiled by some versions of gcc).
- Embedded AmigaOS version string in executable.
- Added support for thumbsticks, as at times Windows treats D-pads as thumbsticks (this is just to support as many joypads as possible: using real thumbsticks is not a good idea anyway).
- Added journey map (at the beginning of each stage, a screen shows the previous stages, the current stage and, darkened, the next stages).
- Added FULL GAME bonus (completing the game starting it from the first arena of the first stage awards 50000 extra points).
- Added final score in game completion screen.
- Touched up instruments volumes and effects in tunes.
- Removed the "commercials" showing the other RETREAM games between stages.
- Removed donation message from title screen.
- Fixed handling of joypad presses and releases (under some circumstances outside of the game, a release could be handled as a consequence of a previous, unrelated press).
- Improved/extended manual.
[News message: 30. Jul. 2022, 12:11] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]